Hennessey Performance has recently announced that they’ll be releasing a twin turbo upgrade kit (HPE800) for the McLaren MP4-12C.
“We’ve been taking fast cars and have been making them faster for over twenty years,” said company founder and president John Hennessey. “I spent a lot of time around the new 12C at the 2011 Goodwood Festival of Speed and was very impressed. We’re excited to have the opportunity to take a great car and give it our own special performance touch while giving 12C owners a uniquely aggressive appearance”.
Aggressive indeed, both in appearance and raw performance as the twin turbo kit will take the MP4-12C to over 800 bhp. In stock form McLaren’s latest super-car produces 592 bhp which is enough mechanical machismo to send it from 0-62 mph in 3.3 seconds. The quarter mile breezes by in 10.9 seconds. Imagine the insanity that an additional 200-plus bhp is going to bring. As with the rest of Hennessey’s creations you can fully expect that they will take great care in maintaining the drivability of the car. For instance, they’re also creating an aero package which will enhance the styling as well as creating additional downforce to help keep the car glued to the road. The brake and suspension setup will remain untouched probably because it’s simply that good and doesn’t need upgrading.
The handling capability that the McLaren MP4-12C already posses, now combined with twin turbos is definitely going to be something to keep an eye out for.
HPE800 Twin Turbo Upgrade Includes:
• Upgraded intercooler system
• Upgraded air intake system
• Upgraded ball-bearing turbochargers
• Hennessey titanium exhaust system
• External wastegates
• External blow-off valves
• Upgraded fuel and engine management system
• Upgraded transmission cooler
• Upgraded transmission clutch system
• Custom dyno-tuned engine calibration
• Hennessey Warranty
Other Upgrades Include:
• Hennessey CarbonAero body upgrade
• Hennessey Monoblock wheels
• Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires
• Hennessey custom interior upgrades including carbon fiber, Alcantara and leathers
[Source: Hennessey Performance]